We are Hope & Glory Sportswear Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our company number is 12180087 and our registered office is at Two Long Rushes, Oldham (“we”/ “our” / “us”). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. From 1 January 2020, we will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) unless and until the GDPR is no longer directly applicable in the UK, together with any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation as amended or updated from time to time in the UK, and any successor legislation to the GDPR (together “Data Protection Legislation”). We are the data controller of data you pass to us pursuant to this policy.
1. What information do we hold and how will we use it?
- 1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1.1 Information you give us. You may give us information about you by completing the contact form on the Website, by opting in to receive our email updates (using the Website or, using a service we provide to a football club), or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, email address, address, location, phone number; and other information relevant to customer surveys and offers. We will retain this information while we are corresponding with you or fulfilling an order you have placed with us. We will retain this information for 3 years from the time that you last send any correspondence to us, or we fulfil an order you have placed with us.
- 1.1.2 Information we collect about you.We may collect the following information from you when you visit our Website:
- 126.96.36.199 technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- 188.8.131.52 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, Website errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
We will retain this information for 3 years from the time that you last correspond with us, or we fulfil an order you have placed with us.
- 1.1.3 Information we receive from other sources. This includes information we may receive about you when you use websites operated by third parties or other services we provide to football clubs. This information may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number. In addition, through third party websites or services we provide to football clubs we may have access to emergency contact details, specific medical information and personal data about children which we obtain when you register with your clubs. We will retain this information in accordance with the terms and conditions of those third party services and any agreement which we have in place with the third parties.
3. Use made of the information
- 3.1 Provided that we have obtained your consent to the extent we are required to under the Data Protection Legislation, we may use the information we receive and/or collect about you:
- 3.1.1 to fulfil our obligations under any contract we have entered into with you and to provide you with information, products and services you have requested;
- 3.1.2 to send you (by email or post) newsletters and marketing information if you have consented to us doing so or if there are other grounds in the GDPR which mean we are entitled to send marketing communications to you;
- 3.1.3 if you have consented to us doing so to contact you (by email, phone, fax or post), for market research purposes;
- 3.1.4 where we have received your information from websites operated by third parties or other services we provide to football clubs, to fulfil our obligations under any agreement which have in place with such third parties;
- 3.1.5 to notify you of products and services we offer that are similar to those you have purchased or enquired about;
- 3.1.6 to notify you of other products and services we feel may interest you, or permit third parties to do so if you have consented to us doing so;
- 3.1.7 to notify you of changes to our services and products; and
- 3.1.8 to monitor Website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing the Website and the services we provide via the Website.
- 3.2 We collect and process much of your personal information on the grounds of legitimate interests, which include some or all of the following:
- 3.2.1 where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve the Website, our services and communications for the benefit of our customers;
- 3.2.2 to identify and prevent fraud;
- 3.2.3 to enhance the security of our network and information systems;
- 3.2.4 to better understand how people interact with our Website;
- 3.2.5 to administer the Website and carry out data analysis, troubleshooting and testing; and
- 3.2.6 to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- 3.3 If we require your personal data for fulfilment of a contract with you (for example to provide goods you have purchased), we may be unable to fulfil the contract without your personal data.
- 3.4 If we are unable to rely on legitimate interests or any other ground set out in the GDPR to process your personal data, we will obtain consent from you to the processing.
- 3.5 If we obtain consent from you to do so, we may provide your personal details to third parties so that they can contact you directly in respect of services and/or products in which you may be interested.
- 3.6 You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent, or prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information) from us please let us know by contacting us by emailing [email protected]. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. Withdrawal of your consent won’t affect any processing we have carried out in respect of your personal data prior to you withdrawing consent.
- 3.7 If you wish to have your information removed from our database or if you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, please let us know by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option in any email we send to you and providing the details requested or by contacting us by emailing [email protected] and we will take steps to ensure that this information is deleted as soon as reasonably practicable.
- 3.8 We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us (other than as set out in this policy) without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.
4. Third Party Sites
5. How safe is your information?
- 5.1 Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- 5.2 Protecting your security and privacy is important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Legislation. The Website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- 5.3 We will do our best to protect your personal data but the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any such transmission is therefore at your own risk.
6. Disclosure of your information
- 6.1 We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- 6.2 Please note that we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- 6.2.1 sell any or all of our business or assets or we buy another business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller;
- 6.2.2 are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions;
- 6.2.3 need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. Where we store your personal data
- 7.1 All of your personal data is stored on servers within the United Kingdom. None of your personal data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
8. Automated Decision Making
- 8.1 Automated decision making means making a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement. We don’t carry out any automated decision making using your personal data.
9. Your rights in respect of your data
- 9.1 There are a number of rights available to you under the GDPR:
- 9.1.1 Access to your information
You can ask us to confirm that we process your personal data and provide access to and copies of the information we hold about you by contacting us by emailing [email protected]. We will process your request to access your information and provide this information to you free of charge unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive, in which case we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee. We may also charge if you request more than one copy of the same information.
We will provide the information you request as soon as possible and no later than one month of receiving your request, unless there are any extenuating circumstances preventing us from doing so. If we need more information to comply with your request, we’ll let you know.
- 9.1.2 Rectification of your data
If you believe personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, or any of the information you provide to us changes, please let us know so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database. If you wish to make any changes to your information, please contact us.
We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it, unless we don’t feel it’s appropriate for us to do so in which case we’ll let you know why. We’ll also let you know if we need more time to comply with your request.
- 9.1.3 Right to be forgotten
In some circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete personal data we hold about you. This right is available to you:
• where we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it;
• where we have collected your personal data on the grounds of consent and you withdraw that consent;
• where you object to the processing and we don’t have any overriding legitimate interests to continuing processing the data;
• where we have unlawfully processed your personal data (i.e. we have failed to comply with GDPR);
• where the personal data has to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation; and
• where the personal data we process relates to the offer of online services to a child.
There are certain scenarios in which we are entitled to refuse to comply with a request. If any of those apply, we’ll let you know
To request that your information is deleted, please contact us.
- 9.1.4 Right to restrict / object to processing
In some circumstances you are entitled to ask us to suppress processing of your personal data. This means we will stop actively processing your personal data but we don’t have to delete it. This right is available to you:
• if you believe the personal data we hold isn’t accurate – we’ll cease processing it until we can verify its accuracy;
• if you have objected to us processing the data (see below) – we’ll cease processing it until we have determined whether our legitimate interests override your objection;
• if the processing is unlawful; or
• if we no longer need the data but you would like us to keep it because you need it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
You are entitled to object to us processing your personal data:
• if the processing is based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority;
• for direct marketing purposes (including profiling); and/or
• for the purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
In order to object, you must have grounds for doing so based on your particular situation. We will stop processing your data unless we can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you wish to restrict or object to the processing of your information, please contact us.
- 9.1.5 Data Portability
You have the right to ask us to provide your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format so that you are able to transmit the personal data to another data controller. This right only applies:
• to personal data you provide to us;
• where processing is based on your consent or for performance of a contract (i.e. the right does not apply if we process your personal data on the grounds of legitimate interests); and
• where we carry out the processing by automated means.
We’ll respond to your request as soon as possible and in any event within one month from the date we receive it. If we need more time, we’ll let you know.
- 9.2 If you have any complaints about our use of your personal data, please contact us. You are also entitled to report any concerns which you may have to supervisory authority in your jurisdiction. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or get in touch via other means as set out on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.